As a family of avid readers, we’ve amassed a great number of books over the years. However, since we can’t recommend every book from our collection, we’ve gathered a list of our top 15. We’re positive that any of these options will enrich your summer reading list, and hopefully your life, too.
Books About Leadership and Mindset
The books in this category cover a variety of topics, all of which will benefit your ability to lead and grow. Without further ado, here are some of our favorite books (in no particular order) to help you become the leader that you want to be.
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell©
- Intentional Living by John C. Maxwell©
- As a Man Thinketh and From Poverty to Power by James Allen
Read About Success
When it comes to success, we think of daily habits and changes that can be made to improve life. The topics of a few of these books may coincide with the categories above, but that’s because developing your mindset and leadership abilities also correlates with your potential to succeed.
In this section, we’ve also included a book on finances, because although we don’t believe money equals success, we do believe that becoming financially stable and using money wisely is essential to eliminating stress and increasing opportunity.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller (with Jay Papasan)
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
Learn to Improve Relationships
What’s a summer reading list without some books about strengthening relationships? We all have relationships, and each requires regular maintenance to continue running smoothly. Whether you’re looking to improve your relationships with your friends, your spouse, your family members, or your role models, these books are sure to help you establish relationships that work.
A Little Help with Parenting
In this section, we’ve listed a few books that are crucial to your summer reading list if you’re a parent. They helped us (and still help us) through our journey as parents. There’s something to gain from each of these books, so we encourage you to check them out.
- Children: The Challenge by Rudolf Dreikurs, M.D., with Vicki Soltz, R.N.
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Soar Through Your Summer Reading List
We hope that you’ll add a few of these books to your summer reading list because they have truly helped us develop so many areas of our lives.
Imagine reading under the porch light on a cool summer night, flying through pages in a sunny reading nook on a Saturday morning, or basking in a lawn chair with a book in hand during the heat of the afternoon. No matter where you are, we encourage you to take a chunk out of that “to-be-read” pile as often as possible—these books have valuable information.
If you’re looking for more ways to improve your life, aside from reading these great books, check out our blog about “Growing Significance in Your Life”.